Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Greatness in Simplicity

Dear Micah,

I was driving you to the nursery this morning, and singing to you our daily dose of "Angel Of God". I didn't set up your baby carseat today because you can somehow sit in the car now without moving too much. As I started to sing, you looked up and smiled, like you understand the song, like you understand what I meant for you by singing it to you, which is to wish you all the protection, guardiance and love God could give you... And I just started to cry...

It was just such a moment where you don't need reasons to cherish.. I still don't know why I cried... It was probably because I realize you're now big enough to understand a mother's prayers. Maybe not fully. But it's like you understand what a mother means when she sings to you... Or maybe you just like listening to your mother's singing... I don't know... But when you looked at Mommy like that and just smiled, Mommy never felt sadder, happier, liberated, accompanied, and so much more mixed together...

In all that simplicity, I've never felt greater... You truly make me feel like my life is worth living, Micah... You truly make me feel like I've achieved something bigger than life itself, which is love...

In case Mommy forgot to tell you today, I love you  Son... I'd do anything to protect you... You can bet on that... =')

No comments: