Monday, May 17, 2010

Always Be My Baby

Hey there baby...

Mommy's working from home today. The computer at my office seriously needs fixing... You've at the nursery. I feel very tempted to go there and 'kacau' you but it's okay... In the latest update of your development, you're growing more and more fond of your mother and you throw fits if I as much as put you down. Yes Micah... You love me too much I can't even go and pee without you crying for being asked to stay put for two minutes. Ha ha..

Speaking of development, I've signed up with this website called Babycenter, since I knew I got pregnant with you and they send me updates about my baby, which is YOU, every week without fail. And I always, always got excited whenever I see in my mail inbox that I got an email from Babycenter that read, "My Pregnancy This Week" or "My Baby This Week - Your 2 Weeks Old," and so on... I anticipate these emails because I love reading about your development and it helps me a lot in dealing with it... I'd open my inbox and hope to get email from Babycenter... until recently...

I remember it was an email that said, "My Baby This Week - Your 7 Months Old" and I opened it, read it happily, until I realize how these development updates show me your growth every week... This sounds stupid but I didn't realize that in your development, it also means that you're growing up, and learning how to be independent every single day.. And someday, you'll be able to walk, run, without my help... You won't need me as much as you do now... And in some crazy, senseless way, that makes me cry...

This is crazy and stupid, coz Mommy complaints about having have to carry you around as your weight increases each week, making it easier for me to feel the pain in my back everytime I carry you. BUT, now that I realize you're going to grow out of my arms and be on your own without my assistance, it hurts me... Someday you'll be a big boy, be a MAN with life of your own, and to think that I'll no longer be able to hug or kiss like I could now, just hurts...

But it won't be right to wish that you'll always be dependent on Mommy... As much as it hurts to think that you'll 'leave' my arms soon, I take pride in the fact that in your attempts to stand up straight with my help, you'll someday walk and run freely without Mommy holding your hands... In your attempts to get my attention to pick you up and carry you in my arms, you'll someday everything without my help... You'll be your own person, and I'll take pride in that...

You'll always be my baby, tho... =)



Love,
Your mother...

No comments: